June 28, 2011

A Lovely Refuge

The title of the blog is "A Lovely Refuge". You probably figured that out already, considering those words are printed in large font on the top of the screen. Good for you. But title actually has a purpose and a meaning.

"A Lovely Refuge" is what I desire for my home. I see a refuge as a place of rest, safety and shelter in the midst of chaos. I see a refuge as a place that recognizes and enjoys that which is lovely; lovely things that have been given to us to delight our senses. We have been given eyes to see, fingers to feel, noses to smell, tongues to taste and ears to hear. It is good and right that we engage our senses with all of creation. Moderation is important, of course, but we should appreciate that which is lovely.

And that's the core of this blog. I am writing about my efforts to make my home a lovely refuge, a place that provides peace to all who enter here. I am also writing about God's work in my life as He changes my own heart into one that is lovely and spurs me to act as a refuge for others. Whew. That seems deep. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment